Monday, May 30, 2011

Abel Munoz Makes Sweet Heels

Sometimes life just gets in the way of a good time. Or a great shoe. As I look at the photos from the Abel Munoz Fall 2011 trunk show at Seventy Seven Yorkville, I cannot recall why on earth I allowed myself to be kept from this. What could possibly trump beautiful shoes?! (Actually I think it was a client deadline, and of course my clients are, ahem, more important than fashion.)

One thing is for sure: I need a pair of these heels. Abel has been carefully refining his design aesthetic since he broke out with his own shoe and accessory collection after completing his training at the ARS Arpel Institute of Shoe and Accessory design in Milan. And you know what some say about shoes..."Italians do it better." 

It's a proud moment when Canada churns out a shoe designer. They are a rare breed here. Abel's line is a contemporary and a great match to Pink Tartan and other labels owner/designer Kimberley Newport-Mimran brings into Seventy Seven...รจ perfetto, si!



 



No comments:

Post a Comment