Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My So-Called Date with Rob Lowe

Late this summer I got an email requesting my participation as a judge in the 2012 P&G Beauty & Grooming Awards. The fourth annual event honors the exceptional beauty, grooming and fashion editorial work from the past year. 

Faster than you can say BB Cream, I said yes. Beyond my fashionable inklings, I am a product queen when it comes to cosmetics (seriously, I have five bags of make-up.) I was thrilled to be involved, and to spend an early September morning deliberating with fellow judges Jeremy Laing, Glen Baxter and Carly Stosjic. I was not so thrilled to find out the awards were scheduled while I would be in the states visiting family during the week of American Thanksgiving.

Then - insult to injury! - I found out Rob Lowe was hosting. 

Rob Lowe hosts the 4th annual P&G Beauty & Grooming Awards
So while I ate a tasteless dinner of Mom's lasagna (sorry, Ma) my industry friends and family enjoyed Rob's ridiculous baby blues and toasted this year's winners. Awards were presented to leading Canadian stylists, photographers, writers, editors, models, bloggers and art directors in 15 categories. “The level of talent we have here ranks on a global scale and P&G Beauty and Grooming understands how important it is to support and nurture this industry," said Thom Lachman, President, P&G Canada.

Congratulations to all the winnersAnd Rob, how about a rain check on our dinner date?!



No comments:

Post a Comment